Returns the statistical covariance across two lists of numbers.
- Returned Output: Numeric
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Statistical
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The two lists of numbers can be typed in as a comma delimited list or inserted via an array.
Different Function types
- This function is like the Excel COVAR function - calculating a covariance across a 2 list of items.
- If you wish to find the covariance for the elements in a specified SET or LIST from a hierarchy, use this semantic function.
This example finds the covariance between 2 sets of numbers derived from columns 0 and 2.
Using the grid below, this would return the covariance value of -114.57