Returns the index of the maximum value in a list of numbers.
- Returned Output: Numeric
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Statistical
- Version: 2020.18.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
IndexOfMax( <Numeric List> )
IndexOfMax( <Numeric N> )
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The list of numbers can be typed in as a comma delimited list or inserted via an array.
- The index is zero based. So the first position is "0". The last position is the number of items less 1 ("n-1")
- If the method is used in other parts of the application, the input parameters can be changed
- In Formulate, the inputs can be Data points, other functions or members
- In the dynamic querying tools (like triggers, infographics and dynamic text), the inputs can be static values or other methods
- Use this function with other functions to dynamically find items in a resolve grid of data.
Different Function types
- Also see the minimum version.
This example simply finds the index of the maximum value across the 4 values 3 to 6. The result is "2" for the third position.