Returns a new date-time with the number of hours added
- Returned Output: Date-Time
- Library: PQL \ Granular \ Date-Time
- Version: 2023.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The column needs to be an attribute with date-time values in the model. (The data type needs to be 'date-time')
- Use a positive integer to count hours forward from each time in the column, in order to return a times after the original time.
- Use negative integers to return a specified hour prior to each time in the column.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the custom column overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the PQL semantic and common functions of the same name. However, it operates on a column directly at the grain.
- As a granular function, it is used in the base SQL query itself.
This example adds 5 hours to each time in the Order Date column.
AddHours( [Data].[OrderDate], 5 )
If the figure had been set to "-5" the result would reduce 5 hours from each time in the column.
You can see the effect from this example snippet in column #3, based on the original date column in position #1.