Returns a new date-time with the number of weeks added
- Returned Output: Date-Time
- Library: PQL \ Granular \ Date-Time
- Version: 2023.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The column needs to be an attribute with date-time values in the model. (The data type needs to be 'date-time')
- Use a positive integer to count weeks forward from each date in the column, in order to return a dates after the original date.
- Use negative integers to return a specified week prior to each date in the column.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the custom column overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the PQL semantic and common functions of the same name. However, it operates on a column directly at the grain.
- As a granular function, it is used in the base SQL query itself.
This example adds 3 weeks to each date in the Order Date column.
AddWeeks( [Data].[OrderDate], 3 )
If the figure had been set to "-3" the result would reduce 3 weeks from each date in the column.
You can see the effect from this example snippet in column #7, based on the original date column in position #1.