Returns the full month (with year) from a date-time
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Granular \ Date-Time
- Version: 2023.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The column needs to be an attribute with date-time values in the model. (The data type needs to be 'date-time')
- The value returned is based on a natural calendar period. It is a 'Full' month number, including the year.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the custom column overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the PQL semantic and common functions of the same name. However, it operates on a column directly at the grain.
- As a granular function, it is used in the base SQL query itself.
This example returns a column with the month (year and month number) of each date-time item in the Order Date column.
Month( [Data].[OrderDate] )
You can see the effect from this example snippet in column #4, based on the original date column in position #1.