Returns the smallest integer greater than or equal to a given number.
- Returned Output: Numeric
- Library: PQL \ Granular \ Math
- Version: 2023.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The column needs to be an attribute with numerical values in the model.
- The math operations are not running on measures (aka 'values' or 'metrics'). They are operating on atomic items in the attribute / column itself. These values can then be subsequently used to drive an aggregated metric.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the custom column overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the PQL semantic and common functions of the same name. However, it operates on a column directly at the grain.
- Compare this to the FLOOR function.
- As a granular function, it is used in the base SQL query itself.
This example returns a column with the ceiling value of each item from the Tax Amount attribute / column.
Ceiling( [Fact].[TaxAmt] )
You can see the effect from this example snippet in column #4, based on the source column in position #1.