Returns a result string containing a specified number of characters from the right side of a provided string.
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Granular \ String
- Version: 2023.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The column needs to be an attribute with string / text values in the model. (The data type needs to be 'string')
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the custom column overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the PQL semantic and common functions of the same name. However, it operates on a column directly at the grain.
- As a granular function, it is used in the base SQL query itself.
This example returns a column with the right 3 characters of each string / text item in the First Last column.
Right( [Customer].[First Last] )
You can see the effect from this example snippet in column #5, based on the source column in position #3.