Returns the last date-time member from a list of member elements in a date-time based attribute.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The hierarchy or attribute needs to be the unique name for an existing date-time hierarchy in the model.
- The filtering member is the unique name for a member that will filter the set of members used to find the last member
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the MDX "ClosingPeriod" function.
- This function is a derivative of the ClosingElement function.
- The reciprocal OpeningPeriod function operates similarly.
This example returns the member December 31st 2018 in the dateKey hierarchy that has dates for 2017 and 2018;
ClosingPeriod( [data].[dateKey] )
The following example returns the member June 30th 2018 in the dateKey hierarchy that has dates for 2017 and 2018, because the set of dates is (cross) filtered by the element "quarter 2 2018":
ClosingPeriod( [data].[dateKey], [data].[quarters].[Q2 2018] )