Returns a member from a prior period in the same relative position as a specified member.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Date-Time
- Version: 2020.10.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The level needs to be an existing level from a regular hierarchy with date-time types.
- The 'periods' integer specifies how many periods to go backward (positive integer), or forward (negative integer) from the specified member.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in the hierarchy.
- The function will not work on drill-path hierarchies.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar the MDX "ParallelPeriod" function.
- The function is related to the Cousin function.
The old version of the "ParallelPeriod" function returned a member list for a time period that derived from the specified date-time member. This method is now deprecated, and users should instead use the ParallelPeriods function for the same functionality. Any existing logic with the old formulation will still continue to work.
Taking the month May 2020, this formula will return the month May 2018, since its the same parallel month, from 2 years ago.
ParallelPeriod( [Table].^[Date Hierarchy].^[Years], 2, [Table].^[Date Hierarchy]..[Q2].[May] )