Returns all the child descendant member elements of the specified member in a 'regular' hierarchy.
- Returned Output: List
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Hierarchical
- Version: 2020.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a regular hierarchy.
- The function will not work on drill-path hierarchies.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX descendants and ancestor function.
This example returns the member all the states, counties and zip codes in the USA from the Geography hierarchy in the Customer dimension (assuming the hierarchy had 4 levels: Country, State, County, Zip Code)