Returns all the descendant member elements of the specified member in a 'regular' hierarchy at the lowest level of the hierarchy.
- Returned Output: List
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Hierarchical
- Version: 2020.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- The function will not work on drill-path hierarchies.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX descendants function.
- The function is can be useful for ragged hierarchies, when the last level is not a consistent setting for each member,
This example returns the member all the zip codes in the USA from the Geography hierarchy in the Customer dimension (assuming the hierarchy had 4 levels: Country, State, County, Zip Code)