Returns a list of every element from an initial list that is NOT in the second list.
- Returned Output: List
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ List
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The first list represents an initial listing of elements from a hierarchy.
- The second list represents a secondary listing of elements from same hierarchy.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
This function is like the MDX except function; it retrieves the members of an initial list that are not found in the secondary list.
This example will retrieve all the members in the Manufacturer attribute WITHOUT the top 3 manufacturers based on cost:
Except( AllMembers([manufacturers].[manufacturer]), TopCount(AllMembers([manufacturers].[manufacturer]),3, [Measures].[Cost]) )
Using the grid below, the above method would return all the manufacturers in this list EXCEPT for Nuke, Over Armour, and Ribuck: