Returns a member offset forwards from the specified member in a given hierarchy or attribute.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Member
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- The integer position offset can be a positive or negative integer
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is like the MDX lead function and is a specific variation of the PQL Offset function.
- The reciprocal Lag function operates similarly.
Also see the Offset function.
This example returns the member "2018" from the year hierarchy in the dates dimension (or table) since it is 2 positions before the year 2016:
Lead( [dates].[year]. 2 )
This example returns the member May in the month hierarchy because it is 1 position from the month of June. It is reflected backwards because it is NEGATIVE 1 position from June:
Lead( [dates].[month].[June] -1 )