Hierarchy or column names and expressions are passed to functions in PQL to return members, sets, or tuples from a hierarchy.
Syntax & Usage
- The hierarchy or column name, like the dimension or table name, should be enclosed in square brackets.
- The hierarchy name is used in Granular and Semantic Calculations.
- It follows the Dimension or Table name, as a way to differentiate different hierarchies or columns with the same name in a data model.
- It's possible to have two or more hierarchies with the same name. When the dimension name is used as a qualifier, the full hierarchy name is unique.
Different Function types
- This function is like MDX hierarchy objects.
This example is a data point expression, that is comprised of 2 coordinates from a model: Australia, from the country HIERARCHY or COLUMN in the customer dimension, and the sales measure: