Returns the first date-time member from a list of member elements in a date-time based attribute.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Date-Time
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The hierarchy or attribute needs to be the unique name for an existing date-time hierarchy in the model.
- The filtering member is the unique name for a member that will filter the set of members used to find the first member
- Details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- This function is similar to the MDX "OpeningPeriod" function.
- This function is a derivative of the OperningElement function.
- The reciprocal ClosingPeriod function operates similarly.
This example returns the member January 1st 2018 in the dateKey hierarchy, which contains dates for 2018 and 2019:
OpeningPeriod( [data].[dateKey] )
This example returns the member April 1st 2018 in the dateKey hierarchy (which contains dates for 2018 and 2019), because the set of dates is (cross) filtered by the element "quarter 2 2018":
OpeningPeriod( [data].[dateKey], [data].[quarters].[Q2 2018] )