Returns the first child member of a specified member's parent.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ Hierarchical
- Version: 2020.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The member needs to be the unique name of an existing member in a hierarchy in the model.
- The function will not work on drill-path hierarchies.
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
This example returns the member "Alabama" from Geography hierarchy - since Alabama is the first child (state) of the parent "USA" - determined from the member New York.
FirstSibling([Customer].^[Geo Location].[USA].[New York])