Returns a date-time member constructed from a date string on the given date attribute. Use this function to get dates in the system.
- Returned Output: Member
- Library: PQL \ Semantic \ String
- Version: 2018.00.000
- Compatibility: Pyramid Query Language (PQL) data sources
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The hierarchy or attribute needs to the unique name for an existing date-time hierarchy in the model.
- The date-time text string needs to be in a recognized date/time format
- For details on how to employ and use this function see the semantic calculation overview.
Different Function types
- To use a simple stringToDate operation, use the Common library function.
This example returns the member January 1st 2018 10:30PM in the dateKey hierarchy of the data table:
StrToDate( [data].[dateKey], "2018-01-03T22:30" )