Dimension or table names and expressions are passed to functions in PQL to return members, sets, or tuples from a hierarchy.
Syntax & Usage
- The dimension or table name should be enclosed in square brackets.
- The dimension or table name is used in Granular and Semantic Calculations.
- It usually precedes the Hierarchy or Column name, as a way to differentiate different columns in a data model.
- By definition, every dimension or table name is unique.
Different Function types
- This function is like MDX dimension objects.
This examples is a data point expression, that is comprised of 2 coordinates from a model: Australia, from the country column in the customer DIMENSION or TABLE, and the sales measure: