Iterates and returns a combined result of all the looped text strings.
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Logical
- Version: 2020.10.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The function will iterate or loop over the supplied text and produce a concatenated text string as the result. This is useful for building dynamic lists of items.
- The supplied text can be static or any functional representation.
- Loop Iterations is a value representing the number of times the loop logic should iterate.
- This is a single loop - operating over a single index only
Using the Loop Index
The loop function has an internal counter called the "index". It will resolve to a positive whole number starting at 0 and incrementing by 1 for each loop. You can use this index to drive logic in your formulas as you dynamically create text.
Different Function types
Also see LoopVector.
This example returns "test test test" - simply looping 3 times and concatenating the word "test" each time.
Loop ("test ", 3)
This example uses the following grid:
Notice that the "index" is used to automatically change the row position in the data function. It starts at 0 and changes 3 times (0,1,2)
Loop (Bullet("The value is " + data(index,0)) , 3)
The result here is of this logic is:
- The value is 235038.21
- The value is 212495.32
- The value is 69305.86