Double iteratation, returning the combined result of all the looped text strings.
- Returned Output: Text
- Library: PQL \ Common \ Logical
- Version: 2020.10.000
- Can be combined with and other PQL function throughout the application.
- It CANNOT be used with MDX or VBA functions. But it can be used on MDX-based content in other parts of the application.
* Click on the function's arguments above for more details on the input values.
- The function will iterate or loop over the supplied text and produce a concatenated text string as the result. This is useful for building dynamic lists of items.
- The supplied text can be static or any functional representation.
- The Loop iterations are a value representing the number of times the loop logic should iterate. The first is for rows. The second is for columns.
- This is a double loop - operating over a two indexes
Using the Loop Indexes
The loopVector function has a two internal counters called "index0" and "index1". They will resolve to positive whole numbers starting at 0 and incrementing by 1 for each loop. You can use these indexes to drive logic in your formulas as you dynamically create text.
Different Function types
Also see Loop
This example uses the following grid:
Notice that "index0" and "index1" are used to automatically change the row and column positions in the data function. They start at 0 and changes 2 times for rows and 2 times for columns. Further, the data function starts by adding a 1 to index0, so that the first row computed is "1". The cells then computed are (1,0); (1,1); (2,0); (2,1)
LoopVector (Bullet("The value is " + data(index0 +1,index1)) , 2, 2)
The result here is of this logic is below. Note that the vector loop reads the cell, then moves right. This then goes down a row and moves right again.
- The value is 212495.32
- The value is 335377.23
- The value is 69305.86
- The value is 128097.10