The User Hub Editor lets you customize your own view of the User Hub. Edits made to the User Hub can only be seen by the current user and cannot be shared with others. Your default User Hub is defined by the system Admin; you can easily revert back to this default if needed.
Click the Edit icon to open the User Hub in edit mode. Once in edit mode, you can resize and reposition the widgets and containers as needed. A number of functions for editing will be exposed.
The macro functions for editing are found along the top of the hub editor.
- Add Tab: add a new tab to the hub (blue arrow above).
- Delete Tab: click a tab's "x" to delete it (yellow highlight above).
- Rename Tab: tabs are automatically named "Tab 1", "Tab 2", etc. Click the tab header to rename it (orange highlight above).
- Add Content or Widget: find and select content or widgets to add to the current tab (red arrow above).
- Reset: discard changes and revert to the default user hub (purple arrow above).
- Tab Manager: open the Tab Manager (green arrow below) to see a list of current tabs. The list displays any new tabs added by to the template by the Admin. Click the corresponding icon (yellow highlight below) to add the new tab to your hub.
- Save: save changes to all tabs and exit edit mode (yellow arrow above).
- Cancel: discard all changes and exit edit mode (white arrow above).
Add Content or Widget
- Favorites: a flat listing of all content items and folders that the user has flagged as their favorites.
- Recent: a flat listing of all recently used content items by the current user.
- Content Explorer: a folder and item interface allowing users to organize and manage their content and folders.
- Most Used: a flat listing of the top 20 most used content - as measured across all users on the system.
- User Recommended: a flat listing of the top 20 most recommended content items.
- Search: a combination function and view, allowing users to find things in the system, then use the results like any other item listing with standard content actions and tools.
- Widget Presets: add various homepage and content manager views directly to the current tab within a widget.
- Use the URL widget to load a URL in an iframe; paste the URL into the URL field.
Drag, drop, and resize (yellow arrow below) the containers as needed from edit mode. The following functions are found at the top right of the widget and content containers.
- Optimize Size: (only for presentations) optimize the container size to the presentation size (green arrow below).
- Switch To: swap the widget out for a different item (red arrow below).
- Remove: remove the widget from the tab (purple arrow below).