Pyramid provides many ways to interact with your data and queries on-the-fly- enabling you to slice and dice, filter, sort, drill, and more, directly from the right-click context menu. The various query functions allow the user to change the way a query resolves a data set result (and its related visualization). More explicit query functions are also available via wizards and dialogs while advanced analytical and statistical methods are available through advanced querying.
To access interactive query functions:
- Right click on the cells, columns, headers, legends or segments of the visual
- Right click on the chips in the drop zones
- Click here for more on making single and multi-element selections that can drive interactivity.
- Drill Down, Drill Up and Drill to Level - Drill functions allow users to move between different levels of a user hierarchy
- Expand and Collapse - Expand and Collapse allows users to hide and show multiple levels of the hierarchy in a grid visualization
- Dice, Add and Swap - Dicing allow users to 'drill across' from a chosen element into another hierarchy. The Add and Swap menus offer variations of Dice, to inject and replace hierarchies.
- Member and Data Point Selection - Selection tools allow users to easily and intuitively select elements and data points for analysis directly from visualizations
- Quick Sort - Sorting allows the user to choose the order in which data and items are presented in a visualization
- Quick Filter - Filtering allows the user to numerically filter data and items in queries
- Pivot - Pivot allows the user to rotate selections between drop zones in your query design
- Totals - Totals allow users to add totaling to their grids to add context and information to the report.
Extended Interactive Functions
Beyond the core query interaction functions described above, the right-click context menus can also be used to drive extended capabilities that extend the data consumption and interrogation process - even if they do not all directly involve changing the current query. These functions include Calculation tools (which do change the query), Actions, Alerts and Conversations.
- Calculations - Calculations allow users to build typical mathematical functions on content without code. The calculations are automatically included in the query.
- Actions - Actions allow users to leap to another report or dashboard based on a contextual click
- Alerts - Alerts allow users to attach a triggered event notify them if a data point has changed (up, down or the same)
- Conversations - Conversations allows users to add or reply to discussion threads with other users that are attached to data