Add Text Fields
- Text fields should be added to the content template if you want them to appear on every slide
- Text fields are located in the Presentation ribbon - click the drop down menu to select the required field(s) and then position them as required
- Change text field fonts from the Text ribbon, ensuring that the relevant text field is selected
- When moving from the content template to the content slides, the text field tags will appear on each slide (e.g. #SlideName)
- When the presentation is launched into runtime, the text fields will appear on each slide (e.g. Slide 1, Slide 2, etc)
Text Field Types
Access the text fields from the Add Text Field button (green arrow below). The text fields available are:
Current Date: today's date.
Create Date: the date on which the presentation was created.
Modified Date: the date the presentation was last modified.
Model Processed Date: the last date on which the given data model was processed.
Created By: the name of the user who created the presentation.
Modified By: the user who last modified the presentation.
Presentation Title: the title by which the presentation was saved.
Description: the description added to the presentation when it was saved.
Table of Contents: add a table of contents to the slide (see below for details)
Slide Number: the number of the slide.
Total Slides: the total number of slides in the presentation.
Slide Name: the name of the slide.
Table of Contents
- The table of contents consists of all the sections and slides in the presentation.
- It can be added to any slide, including the cover template.
- If you want the table of contents to appear on every slide, add it to the Content template.
- When the presentation is viewed in run time, click a slide from the table of contents to go directly to that slide.
To leverage the text fields, add the required fields to the content master page. To do this, select the Content master page from the Preview panel - make sure the Content option is checked, and the presentation background is displayed in red.
From the Home ribbon, go to the Add Text Field button and click to open the menu. Click the required field to add it to the canvas, and reposition it as desired.
To change the font, click the text field on the canvas, and go to the Component ribbon. Change the font, paragraph, and styles as required.
Select the slide from the Preview panel - the text field tags will appear on each slide. Continue building the presentation as usual.
Launch the presentation into runtime.
The text fields will appear on each slide: