The Illustrate app contains three core ribbons:
Displays the most frequently used functions
- Execute Button: The Run Illustration button is used to launch and test the illustration using default values from the underlying queries.
- Clipboard tools: use the clipboard tools to cut, copy, paste, and delete.
- Set Tooltip: use this to configure dynamic tooltips for the selected item in the illustration.
- Canvas Width and Height: use this controls to set the canvas size in pixels.
- Canvas Color: the color of the background canvas
- Reset Formatting: Clears any customizations of the theme formats in the illustration
- Design Themes: pick from an existing theme to set color palettes, fonts and other settings
- Display: Change the display size.
- Ruler: show or hide the ruler for the canvas to judge sizes and position
- Guides: set and show guide lines (both vertical and horizontal)
- Grid: toggle the layout grid guide on or off.
- Snap to Grid: Enable Snap to Grid to easily place visuals along the grid lines.
- Order: Change the stacking order of the selected item, as layered on the canvas.
- Alignment: Tools for vertically or horizontally align a collection of items
- Distribute: Tools for vertically or horizontally spacing a collection of items; select a minimum of 3 items and then distribute horizontally or vertically as needed.
Contains additional formatting options
- Clipboard tools- Copy, paste, and cut dynamic text.
- Dynamic Text- Click to open the Dynamic Text wizard to configure dynamic text from within your presentation. Open the Dynamic Text drop-down to add a Dynamic Place Holder.
- Font-Change font type, size, color, emphasis, shadow, strike through, spacing, letter case, background color, text box border color, textbox border width, and text background color.
- Graphic Text - Click the drop down to change the size of text.
- Paragraph - Change paragraph formatting.
- Highlights - Toggle to enable or disable highlighting of dynamic text.
- Styles- Select from different heading styles.
- Text Fields - Allows you to add dynamic text with slide numbers, slide names, dates, and more. Click the drop down and select a text field.
- Rotate Image - for a menu approach to rotating the graphic.