This arrangement gives each cell a unique reference formed from its Column letter and Row number (i.e. A1, B45, and so on).
To insert a column:
- Click in a Column header (yellow box).
- Right-click and select Insert from the pop-up menu (red box).
- A new Column will be added to the left of the selected Column.
Note: You must right-click the column header (A,B,C,D, etc.) and not one of the column cells.
To insert a Row:
- Click in a Row number
- Right-click and select Insert from the pop-up menu.
- A new Row will be added above the selected Row.
Note: You must right-click the row header (1,2,3,etc.) and not one of the row cells.
To delete a Column or Row:
- Click in the Column header or Row number for the item to be deleted
- Right-click and select Delete (blue box).
- The selected Column or Row will be deleted.
Note: You must right-click the column or row headers and not one of the row cells.