From the drop zones, you can access the chip context menus and drop zone context menus, both of which expose shortcuts to commonly used functions, including sorting, filtering, and more.
Chip Context Menus
Right clicking on a chip in the drop zones exposes the chips context menu, where you can access shortcuts to a range of features. They also expose alternatives to drag and drop functionality, enabling you to move, copy, or remove items.
Right click on a blue chip to access the following options:
- View Elements: view the hierarchy's elements in the Elements tree.
- Quick Sort: apply a quick sort to the query using the given hierarchy (not available from the Filters zone).
- Quick Filter: apply a quick filter to the query using the given hierarchy.
- Create: create 'bin by category' custom columns or aggregate context calculations (not available from the Filters zone).
- Move To: move the hierarchy to a different drop zone.
- Copy To: copy the hierarchy to another drop zone.
- Remove: remove the item from the query.
- Properties: edit hierarchy properties to create a metadata overlay for the given hierarchy. You can edit the hierarchy caption, and hierarchy type (for example, set a hierarchy as a geospatial hierarchy so it can be added to map visuals).
Right click on an orange chip to access the following options:
- Show as: create a context calculation, and replace the given measure with the calculated value.
- Create: create a context calculation and add the calculated value to the query, without removing the existing measure.
- Move To
- Copy To
- Properties: edit measure properties to create a metadata overlay for the measure. You can edit the measure caption, format string, and label formats.
The context menu for a Values chip exposes the following functions:
- Move To: this action will move all the measures in the query to the selected drop zone.
- Remove: this action will remove all measures in the Values drop zone, except for the top-most measure.
Drop Zone Context Menus
To open a drop-zone's context menu, click the 3 ellipses in the top right corner of the drop-zone.
N-of-N: select n-of-n to apply quick nested filtering. The query should contain at least 2 hierarchies. The quick N-of-N is available from the following drop zones: columns/ rows, categories, and trellis.
Quick Filter: apply a quick filter from columns/ rows, categories, or trellis, to filter the query according to the data values you want to see; for instance, filter by the top 25%.
Quick Sort: apply a quick sort from columns/ rows, categories, or trellis, to determine how the data should be organized (sorted) in the visualization.
Colorize: colorize measures from the Values zone when the query contains multiple measures that you want displayed with color logic.
Shapify: copy measures to the Shape zone from Values if you want the measures displayed as shapes in the visual.
Disable/ Enable Background Chip: disable or enable background chips from the Filter zone.
Remove All: choose this option to remove all chips from the given drop zone.