Aside from the common formatting options, there are several formatting capabilities that are specific to Cartesian charts. These functions afford users a lot of control over the design of Cartesian charts, and enable optimization of the chart according to the user's preferences.
Cartesian Formatting Options
- Axes: set formatting preferences for the primary and secondary y-axis, and the x-axis of Cartesian charts.
- Axis Options: set the required formatting for the x- and/ or y-axis of trellised Cartesian charts.
- Axis Title: show, hide, or customize titles on the x- and/ or y-axis of trellised Cartesian charts.
- Chart Padding: set padding preferences for categories and series in the chart, to ensure easy comprehension for readers.
- Data Points:change data point style and increase or decrease data point size for line and area charts.
- Grid Lines: show or hide grid lines on the visualization background.
- Line Style: change the line style for line and area charts.
- Line Width: increase or decrease line width for line and area charts.