Users with a Pro license have access to the full client, where they can author, build and view data models, queries, formulas, and more.
- Users with the Viewer license access to the "Viewer Client" and should refer to the Viewer Help. (See below)
- Both the pro client or viewer client work - as is - on tablets devices.
- A simplified viewer experience (for both pros and viewers) is separately mobile phones.
- Click here to access more online video tutorials on numerous features and functions in the Pro client.
This section of the help cover the key elements of the Pro Client:
- Workflow Overview, the general application workflow and how the apps fit together.
- Workspace: the key elements of the Pro client application interface
- Home Page : the main landing page when entering the Pro Client
- Bulletin Board: a viewer of all model batch jobs, including a publication and alert in-box as well as the conversation thread viewer
- App Tabs: the main interface when using the different apps, after they have been launched
- Content Management System (CMS): the centralized framework organizing, managing and sharing of content
- Pro App Modules covers in-depth help on each part of the Pro application:
- Model: the app for conditioning data and then modeling it so it can be easily queried. This includes the best place to inject machine learning and data mining routines into your analytics.
- Discover: build visualizations and find out what's in your data models.
- Formulate: configure sophisticated business logic (calculations, lists, scripts, and more) using visual tools.
- Present: design rich, interactive dashboards and BI applications
- Publish: author printable, highly formatted documents composed of analytic content, infographics and data driven text
- Illustrate: create data driven images (infographics) and text
User Types and Roles
User access to the tool’s modules is determined by license type and security roles and profiles.
Users with the Viewer license can access discoveries and presentations and interact with the visuals. They cannot create these items or save private versions for themselves.
Professional users have access to all the applications’ modules, and can save and share their content with other user roles - including other users and viewers.
Roles and Profiles
Certain professional users can be elevated to an administrative role - giving them full control of the application and access to all user content regardless the permissions assigned to the content.
Administrators can create different user profiles denying certain users access to different parts of the application.