The visualization context menus of both data discoveries and presentations expose a range of functions, allowing you to dynamically interact with visuals, perform further analysis on-the-fly, and discuss results with other users. Access the context menu by right clicking on the data point with which you want to interact.
Depending on the permissions granted to you by your Admin, and the settings configured by the report-builder, you may not have access to all of these functions. Report-builders can configure runtime settings in both Discover and Present to manage which interactions you will have access to.
Pyramid provides many ways to interact with your data and queries on-the-fly- enabling you to slice and dice, filter, sort, drill, and more, directly from the right-click context menu. The various query functions allow the user to change the way a query resolves a data set result (and its related visualization).
To access interactive query functions right click on the cells, columns, headers, legends or segments of the visual, or on the visual background.
Follow the links on this page to learn about each query interaction. Note that these links will take you to the associated topic in the Pro User help.
- Click here for more on making single and multi-element selections that can drive interactivity.
- Explain: uses AI to provide insights into the factors driving, or contributing to, a data point of interest from any analysis.
- Explain the Difference: uses AI to provide insights into the factors driving 2 or more selected data points.
- Drill Down, Drill Up and Drill to Level: Drill functions allow users to move between different levels of a user hierarchy
- Expand and Collapse: Expand and Collapse allows users to hide and show multiple levels of the hierarchy in a grid visualization
- Dice, Add and Swap: Dicing allow users to 'drill across' from a chosen element into another hierarchy. The Add and Swap menus offer variations of Dice, to inject and replace hierarchies.
- Member and Data Point Selection: Selection tools allow users to easily and intuitively select elements and data points for analysis directly from visualizations
- Quick Sort: Sorting allows the user to choose the order in which data and items are presented in a visualization
- Quick Filter: Filtering allows the user to numerically filter data and items in queries
- Pivot: Pivot allows the user to rotate selections between drop zones in your query design
- Totals: Totals allow users to add totaling to their grids to add context and information to the report.
- Show/ Hide Range Slider: use the range slider zoom in and out of Cartesian charts that contain a large amount of data.
Extended Interactive Functions
Beyond the core query interaction functions described above, the right-click context menus can also be used to drive extended capabilities that extend the data consumption and interrogation process - even if they do not all directly involve changing the current query. These functions include Calculation tools (which do change the query), Actions, Alerts and Conversations.
- Actions: Actions allow users to leap to another report or dashboard based on a contextual click
- Alerts: Alerts allow users to attach a triggered event notify them if a data point has changed (up, down or the same)
- Workflows and Conversations: Workflows allow users to add or reply to workflow threads with other users that are attached to data
- Change Visual: display the query in a different visual.
- Analyze Further: open the discovery for further analysis in Discover Lite.
- Copy: copy the raw data or visual data, or a given row, column, or data point.
- OData Link: capture a special URL that lets you read in the result set of the item's query into another client technology that consumes data.
Presentations support the capabilities listed above, as well as the following:
- Rate Item: provide a rating out of 5 to the content item.
- Information: open the Query Metadata panel to see query information, data source metadata, and report metadata.
- Interact: apply cross visual interactions from the selected visual to its target visuals.
- Multi-Highlight Mode: click select multiple member elements by which to cross highlight visuals.
- Bookmarks: save your slicer selections in a presentation.
- Direct URL Link to Slide: capture a special URL that offers direct access to the current slide.